The changing healthcare landscape includes new payment models, particularly models that base payment on outcomes or performance. Providers need information, analysis, training and technical assistance to adjust from traditional fee-for-service models or simple capitated arrangements toward value-based models. At the heart of this is the ability to capture clinical and financial data in order to be agile and efficient in the management of population health. Providers need to understand the impact of data in transforming clinical service lines of business, identifying benchmarks of effective treatment and creating sustainable revenue streams to support high-quality care.
At the end of the learning network, participants will be able to:
- Understand the importance of data collection and decision making.
- Explore ideas to improve staff engagement in using data to make decision.
- Determine how to use data to take advantage of service opportunities with multiple funders.
- Learn to assess the financial impact of decision making.
- Create a decision making framework to assist in decision making potential.