Want to learn how to streamline aspects of your business operations, but don’t have the time to participate in a learning network?
Planning for the Next Generation of HIT
BHbusiness Plus now offers self-paced online courses available at no cost and on demand for providers wishing to engage in independent learning. Should you wish to receive continuing education (CE) credit from NAADAC for the courses, you may choose to do so for a small fee.
Courses available include:
Health Information Technology (HIT) is moving beyond regulatory measures to a “tipping point” for adoption and implementation. HIT can support you in improving health outcomes, make your job easier and save your organization money. Soon, all payers will require behavioral health agencies to use electronic health records. The people you serve also increasingly rely on mobile devices and technology for information and use mobile devices to track their health (from counting calories and mapping exercise to monitoring their drinking).
Eligibility and Enrollment: The ACA, Insurance Eligibility and Your Business
Are you ready to help your organization be an early adopter, or do you plan to stay behind the curve? Are you keeping up to date with the latest technology so you can meet your customers where they are?
Learn how to implement (and finance) the latest in HIT, assess your organization’s readiness to implement the latest HIT, and learn what steps you can take to make HIT adoption happen.
You may optionally earn 4.0 credit hours from NAADAC for completing this course.
Are you interested to learn how the changes in health care delivery and funding impact your organization? Do you know about all of the options available through your state’s health insurance exchange – and where the people you serve can turn for help in getting enrolled?
Take this course to learn how the Affordable Care Act (ACA) provides new opportunities for benefits for your patients. You may optionally earn 6.5 credit hours from NAADAC for completing this course.
After completion of the series of course modules, you will be able to:
- Describe how the ACA impacts the delivery of behavioral health care.
- Explain what essential health benefits are, and identify your state’s benchmark plan.
- Identify which plans (including Medicaid) are available through the health insurance marketplace in your state, as well as the navigators and other assistance available in your area.
- Make changes to your intake processes to assess for patient coverage eligibility and to help them enroll in appropriate coverage.
Improving your Third-Party Billing System
Is your billing system able to help you get paid efficiently for your services? And is your billing process compliant with federal and state requirements?
If you’re not 100% confident in your billing system, then this course can help you to learn the 8-step billing process, develop an understanding of common collections issues and what you can do to control denials. You may optionally earn 3.0 credit hours from NAADAC for completing this course.
A series of course modules walks you through how to:
- Implement the 8 steps of the billing process in your organization.
- Identify problem areas and possible corrections to your billing and customer flow process and identify ways to involve staff in improving the process through training and communication.
- Replicate best practices to improve collections
- Fix controllable denials and resubmit for payment
- Evaluate your billing process
- Assess your risk and correct mistakes in documentation